- Cut a 3.5”x3.75” piece of balsa wood. On one side cut out a 2.5”x1.875” piece. Then, Cut a slot the width of the balsa wood from the bottom middle up to the halfway mark of the base.
- Cut another piece, but cut the slot to start from the middle of the top to the halfway mark.
- Paint each panel flat black. Allow paint to dry.
- Use masking tape to mark off sections for an additional color of paint.
- Use enamel paint marker on unmasked sections. Dry.
- Remove tape.
- Fit two pieces together.
- Place candle in holder and display.
note: Same template can be used to make varying lengths of candle holder.