User Submitted Project: 3D Model of an Animal Cell for Biology Class
- Outlined project and gathered materials. Purchased foam head because it is different than a common foam ball creativity points and the neck functions as a base.
- Used Testors 8946 Razor Saw to cut the back of the head off at an angle to create surface for cell.
- Wiped off head and cell surface to prepare them for paint.
- Sprayed face and neck with Testors 1241T Wood 3oz enamel paint. Provided even coverage and dried quickly.
- Mixed Testors 1145TT Gloss White and 1103TT Gloss Red 1/4oz enamel paints to create pink paint then brushed on cell surface.
- Selected various items i.e. beads pipe cleaners clay etc. to represent cell parts.
- Used Testors 3517CT Super Glue and a hot glue gun to attach items to the cell surface.
- Created legend of cell parts and items used to represent them. Attached it to the head with push pins.