Light Up Your Room for Thanksgiving with Hydrodipped Candlesticks
This easy technique using enamel paints and water add a fun and different look to your plain candlesticks this holiday season. A few seasonal colors bring brilliance to your fireplace mantle or Thanksgiving dinner table.
- Fill a 5-gallon bucket with tepid water (about 78 degrees).
- Over a protected surface, place the bucket in a reachable location and shake the enamel paints before opening.
- Open an enamel paint and stir gently with a coffee stirrer.
- Slowly, and gently, pour the enamel paints, onto the top of the water, one at at time.
- Once all of your enamel paint colors are in the bucket, use a coffee stir stick and slowly drag it across the colors to swirl them together.
- Very slowly, dip the candlestick into the bucket on an angle so the paint sticks. Turn the candlesticks for a swirl effect.
- Slowly remove the candlestick from the bucket and set it aside to dry for approximately 24 hours.